Staff Engineer (Tustin, CA)
A Staff Engineer is sought by a multi-disciplined engineering firm in Tustin, CA to perform the
1. Under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer, perform filed exploration and prepare boring log plates that include soil descriptions and relevant engineering data;
2. Under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer, perform geotechnical design and analysis of earth-retaining structures, slope and slope surface stability, traffic index of pavement, foundation, septic system, earthquake induced liquefaction settlement. Direct technician in completing tests;
3. Conduct projects including client interaction, work scheduling, project budget monitoring, and quality control.
4. Perform grading observation, inspection of construction projects and collect filed data and samples;
5. Development of plans, geologic cross-section and specifications;
6. Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other photographical or geologic data;
7. Conduct subsurface investigations for residential, commercial, and public works projects;
8. Perform engineering research on project related issues;
9. Prepare technical reports, including soils engineering reports, soil compaction reports and laboratory reports, preparing supporting maps and tables;
10. Update lab testing schedules, calculate lab test results, prepare lab reports, review and
summarize laboratory test data.
11. Inspect project sites to monitor and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or related standards;
12. Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural requires;
Required Skills and Qualities:
1. Must have bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
2. Proficient with Nuclear Gauge and Sand Cone, Microsoft Office, XSTABL and AutoCAD;
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills;
4. Be able to work in an agile environment.
This is a full time position.
Apply to Terradyne Engineering, INC at 2691 Dow Ave, Suite F, Tustin, CA 92780.